The youth are the future, and we want to invest in them.
The Association of Guineans in The DMV announces the 2015 AGDVM Scholarship Award Program. Under the Program, One (1) $ 500 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior attending a high school in The DMV area.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
* Applicants must be a senior in high school.
* Applicants must be college bound and submit College acceptance letter.
* Applicants must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA and submit an Official high school Transcript.
* Applicants must submit an Essay (Minimum 500 words) on the following theme: “Pick a controversial problem affecting Guinea and suggest a solution”
* Scholarship funds will be paid in September 2015 or January 2016 for the second semester of the student’s first year directly to the college and not to the student. It is the student’s responsibility to submit to the Association an invoice for tuition and fees, student ID number and college information.
* The applications will be reviewed and the winner will be selected by a committee comprised of community leaders and presented at the 1st annual Graduates Celebratory event to be held in August 2015.